Do you have an awesome project or initiatives along your local water trail that connects your community – specifically kids – to the river? Check out this awesome grant opportunity – The Paddle Nation Project!
Outdoor Nation is pleased to announce that it is accepting applications from 501c3 non-profit organizations and colleges/universities who are interested in connecting young Americans with their waterways through recreational paddling. This funding opportunity supports pioneering projects and initiatives that result in increased paddling participation. Projects should reinforce the idea that recreational paddling is one of the most accessible and impactful ways in which young Americans are introduced to the outdoors.
Outdoor Nation recognizes that sometimes the smallest awards can make the largest differences. The Paddle Nation Project will award grants up for UP TO $2,500 for requests that work towards creating connections between young people with their local waterways through recreational paddling. A minimum of 10 projects will be awarded funding along with technical support and guidance from the Outdoor Foundation.
- Projects must increase participation in recreational paddling activities among youth and young adults.
- Projects should use paddling as a way to educate participants and provide them with the skills that they’ll enjoy for a lifetime.
- Projects should have a local outdoor retailer sponsor involved that is able to offer program support, promotion, and/or partnership.
- Projects must begin in Spring/Summer 2016 and must be completed by December 2016.
- Project outcomes must include a minimum of 5 high-resolution photos and a 1- to 3-minute video highlighting project scope.
- Projects must use grant funding for on-the-ground program needs rather than operating or salary costs.
Examples of previously funded Paddle Nation projects can be found by CLICKING HERE.
Deadline: Proposals must be submitted by April 22, 2016.
Photo Credit: Brett Hockmuth, Upper Colorado River, CO